Saturday 11 April 2020

Value?

It ripped through the world,
It put many lives at stake.
Fear entered into hearts and minds,
Isolation we all did take.

It showed us what we valued,
What had taken all our time.
In TV screens and mobile phones,
To the real world we were blind.

The high streets that were fading,
We now miss ten fold.
Families who we could have seen,
No longer we can hold.

People acted super crazy,
As shops were forced to close.
They bought unneeded toiletries,
Anitbac vanished in their droves.

Nature we watched on TV,
Instead of experiencing with glee.
Now I sit and ponder,
Why did we let this be?

We need to save our high streets,
We need to help support our kin.
When we are together,
I want to share everything.

I want to speak of unity,
I want to speak of might.
I want to stand so tall,
After facing this plight.

They’ll be much joy and laughter,
Sadness for those who passed.
Rebuilding the world,
Will be such a mammoth task.

If you have hurt somebody,
Through harsh and unjust words.
Then at the end of this,
You’ll sing forgiveness like the birds.

In times of strife and worry,
It’s so easy to change.
Stay true to who you are,
Don’t become a you that’s strange.

Stand by your family,
Stand by your friends.
Fight against the misinformed,
Up until the very end.

They say justice is blind,
I think the jury’s blinder.
If they stood for loyalty,
Then justice would be a reminder.

Though in isolation,
I’m there to hold your hand.
When all this is over,
Spread kindness through the land.

This brings out the best in us,
Unfortunately, the worst to.
Which side of the fence,
Will best describe you.

My words are meant to challenge,
To raise questions from my soul.
In our human redemption,
We must dig out of the hole.

Feel the warmth of sunshine
As it caresses our face.
When the time for release appears,
I long for that embrace.

For now I love you all,
I ask you join with me.
Lets change the world forever,
Defining its history.

By Sam Luxton

No comments:

Post a Comment

Full time job!

  Full time job! I have a full time job, It keeps me occupied. Sometimes it’s little hairy, This fact can’t be denied. Sometimes it leaves ...