Friday 10 April 2020

Unity not hatred!

Do not hate!
A virus can appear,
In any part of the earth.
Don’t act high and mighty,
Illnesses we too have given birth.

We took disease to America,
We passed it to another race.
Ignorance has no reward,
Because racism has no place.

A friend of mine who’s Chinese,
Has met behavior beneath thee.
The virus could have started,
Anywhere unfortunately.

They were quicker to act,
Than any other nation.
Now they are coming out,
From complete devastation.

Who does the world look to now,
These people who paid first.
Don’t spread this vile abuse,
It makes the situation worse.

China has faced the task,
Of leading the rest of th crowd.
Humanity is built on love,
A respect that makes me proud.

Don’t give into hatred,
It makes this world more grim.
Believe and help each other,
We can get through anything.

To my friend I’m sorry,
People have lost sight.
So many stand by you,
In this racism fight.

I hope that others join me,
I know they’ll spread the word.
Hatred and racism,
Has no place to be heard.

I’m proud of every nation,
That steps up to this abuse.
That say these words can not survive,
They will not be reintroduced.

Let’s show the world what we can do,
Let’s not act disgracefully.
The people who will find the cure,
Are the first to face cruelty.

If we are truly to survive,
We cannot start this way.
Don’t cover up your face,
Or walk the other way.

This is a defining moment,
Where I will stand my ground.
My respect goes to every one,
I block out hatreds sound.

By Sam Luxton

No comments:

Post a Comment

Full time job!

  Full time job! I have a full time job, It keeps me occupied. Sometimes it’s little hairy, This fact can’t be denied. Sometimes it leaves ...