Sunday 12 April 2020

Easter

Easter

This is the time,
Life is renewed.
This year is different,
All is confused.

The merriment of life, 
Seems tainted this spring.
For we are trapped,
Due to the viruses sting.

The lambs are all bleating,
The chicks they do tweet,
Yet the virus is winning,
No real sign of defeat.

The exit strategy,
Is a long way away
It hangs in the air, 
Through March, April and May.

We’ve never seen,
It quite this bad.
The people are dying,
So many are sad.

Yet China has pulled through,
It’s people were grand.
They alerted all people,
In each and every land.

The virus started in China 
Yes it is so true,
They are not responsible,
For natures angry spew.

No here we stand,
On the blade of a knife.
One poor misstep,
Could end someone’s life.

Yet I personally,
Think it’s done us some good.
It’s a shame we won’t all reach,
The other end of the wood,

But knowledge we’ve gained,
Must not be unlearned.
Easter has changed our life,
The old ways we must burned.

I’ve learnt to think,
About  those on need.
I’ve learnt to scorn,
Those who live by greed.

I now show more respect,
For what people do.
Though millionaires,
I have some gripes with you.

Family and friends,
Far and near.
Have all pulled together,’
Spreading hope and cheer.

People who’ve angered me,
I no longer care.
This world already has,
Too much despair.

So Easter represent,
A birth each year.
Let’s revive this planet, 
That we all should hold dear.


By Sam Luxton

No comments:

Post a Comment

Full time job!

  Full time job! I have a full time job, It keeps me occupied. Sometimes it’s little hairy, This fact can’t be denied. Sometimes it leaves ...