Thursday 28 May 2020

The Wood


I walked through the trees,
Near the entrance to the wood.
Things seemed so peaceful,
The world I understood.
The more ground I covered,
The less that I knew.
The darkness grew thicker,
My loneliness grew and grew.
No longer did I see,
I started to weep.
Hope seemed lost,
I tried to fall asleep.
I heard strange noises,
I woke in fright.
Darkness around me,
My mind screamed Flight.
That’s when I noticed,
A small circle of light.
I felt something lift me,
It aided my fight.
My racing heart calmed,
I felt invisible hands.
I knew I’d be safe,
I’d started to stand.
As I drew nearer,
To the woods clearing.
I felt my courage grow,
I was no longer fearing.
As I stepped out of the dark,
Others appeared too.
We all lost our way,
Hope we now knew.
We gathered around,
Sharing tales of woe.
The space grew bigger,
A path we helped grow.
As we walked out,
Hand in hand with friends,
The forest faded away,
Until we reached its end.
On the other side,
Friends and family waited.
On seeing us arrive,
Their love reciprocated.
They reached out their hands,
As we grabbed them.
We were always with you,
Through your wooded problem.
You may have felt lonely,
Yet you never really were.
It’s just you got caught up,
In life turned into a blur.
But in the darkness,
The light you saw.
Was the candle,
We kept by the door.
We couldn’t fight for you,
But we knew you’d pull through.
You were so strong and brave,
But you needed to see it too.
Now the darkness,
Once more has passed.
The light in our door,
For you will always last.
When your alone,
Don’t be afraid,
Your light comes through,
Darkness you will stave.
By Sam Luxton
Sometimes people in the dark fail to see the help offered. They need a bigger symbol to guide them.
Like

No comments:

Post a Comment

Full time job!

  Full time job! I have a full time job, It keeps me occupied. Sometimes it’s little hairy, This fact can’t be denied. Sometimes it leaves ...