Thursday 23 April 2020

True friend

Friends

True friends can sit in silence,
They listen and offer advice.
Though you may disagree,
Their words are to improve your life.

Some friends talk the talk,
Yet you rarely see them.
What you don’t understand,
Anxiety has beat em.

The world is not black and white,
Thoughts don’t slot neatly into place.
Fear and anxiety reach out,
Your friends held in their embrace.

Don’t question if they’re there for you,
Question if they are ok.
A good friends doesn’t need to prove it,
A good friend will find a way.

We have problems in our life’s,
Some don’t mean to offend.
I see many messages asking us to prove,
We are loyal and true friends.

Call me and I’ll answer,
Cry and I will comfort.
Laugh and I will join,
Love is given not bought.

I’m your friend forever,
At times I’ll scream and shout.
But when you really need be,
I’ll always be about.

By Sam Luxton

No comments:

Post a Comment

Full time job!

  Full time job! I have a full time job, It keeps me occupied. Sometimes it’s little hairy, This fact can’t be denied. Sometimes it leaves ...