Plenty
This was a world of plenty,
Where stocks were in supply.
Until this virus hit us,
People began to die.
Now the shops impose limits,
Maybe they should’ve before.
To quell our glutinous race,
Caution rates will now soar.
The shops they have plenty,
Though the choice is limited.
Stop with quick and easy,
Cook! Be spirited.
Now is the chance to explore,
Skills that have died out.
Refine the art of cooking,
Food which is about.
The usual crumbles I couldn’t make,
So I thought outside the box,
Apple and banana filling,
Hair rollers made of socks.
Be creative with what you do,
Recipes are just a guide.
Cook food full of love,
Designs fill you with pride.
So on a visit to the store,
Put your creative head on.
Think about something new.
That matches your fight song.
Cooking is an art form,
It’s ready to explore.
So think when you reach the store,
To staff say, ‘Thanks once more.’
By Sam Luxton
These poems have been written for times in my life that have caused me to seek a calming resolution for an ocean where waves swirl and thoughts become overwhelming. If you choose to read any, thank you! Each poem is capturing an in the moment thought. Please leave a comment, especially if you really like a poem as I am looking to enter one in a compettiton.
Tuesday, 31 March 2020
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Together
If we work together, There’s little we can’t do. If we show unity, It will pull us through. The world is changing daily, As we struggle wit...
-
A creature from another land, Taking money from your hand. Living in homes built for you, Hatred grew and grew and grew. It crept in an...
-
Judgement! I am not a judge or jury, I can not say if you are bad, All I know is you are loved, Even though sometimes you drive me mad. I ...
-
Jewellery! Earrings made with love, Necklaces made with thought. Bracelets to find and wear, Unique items here can be sought. Stones of spe...
No comments:
Post a Comment