Saturday 12 September 2020

Ok

 Ok


Today I am ok,

Tomorrow who knows.

That’s the wAy,

This life goes.


I could live in fear,

Afraid of a change.

Be affected by thoughts,

Which seem quite strange.


I could isolate,

Remain locked away.

Dreading each moment,

Day by day.


I could disappear,

In a cloud of smoke.

Hide from the world,

As my life did choke.


But no it’s not me,

I stand my ground. 

Through the dark,

Hope wraps around.


I know that I,

will find my way!

Changes embraced 

Each and everyday.


Thoughts pass on,

Through my mind.

No reality in me,

They will find.


Strange they may be, 

Yet they are mine.

A snapshot of me, 

In a moment of time.


Why run from a world?

I so do adore.

Why hide the battle?

The mental war. 


I’ve lived in fear,

Dread of the coming day.

It was not me,

So I won’t hide away.


The air could choke me,

Bring me down. 

But air has oxygen,

It just needs to be found.


So find the power, 

You hold inside.

Beat the onslaught,

Of darkening skies.


Raise your army,

Of those you love.

Open up to them,

I know it’s tough.


They want to know,

The pain you feel.

The way the anguish,

For you is real. 


Then the power,

Of hope and love.

Can help to anchor,

When things get rough.


You don’t have to be ok,

But you need to be here.

Not having you is a price,

None should have to fear.


So laugh, cry, scream,

Let the pain flow free.

Then tell those you love, 

So they can just sit with thee. 


We all get lost in life,

Lost in a cave,

Feelings overwhelm,

Choose to be brave. 


Speak to those,

Who make you smile.

Who make each day,

Totally worthwhile.


Show the world,

What gifts you hold.

Let your story,

Be told.


By Sam Luxton

No comments:

Post a Comment

Full time job!

  Full time job! I have a full time job, It keeps me occupied. Sometimes it’s little hairy, This fact can’t be denied. Sometimes it leaves ...