You tried to steal my power,
You tried to steal my trust.
You set about hurting me,
You left me in the dust.
But I survived your attack,
I rose from the pain you caused.
Never will I be fooled,
For you I give no pause.
You will never have forgiveness,
For the pain you left behind.
The way you tore at my flesh,
Or tried to shatter my mind.
I am for to strong for you,
Your power cannot rule.
The attempt on me that you made,
Just show that you are cruel.
By Sam Luxton
These poems have been written for times in my life that have caused me to seek a calming resolution for an ocean where waves swirl and thoughts become overwhelming. If you choose to read any, thank you! Each poem is capturing an in the moment thought. Please leave a comment, especially if you really like a poem as I am looking to enter one in a compettiton.
Tuesday, 28 July 2020
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Beauty
I see so much beauty, When I look around. There are many marvels, That we have luckily found. The world is full of difference, It’s full of...
-
A creature from another land, Taking money from your hand. Living in homes built for you, Hatred grew and grew and grew. It crept in an...
-
Judgement! I am not a judge or jury, I can not say if you are bad, All I know is you are loved, Even though sometimes you drive me mad. I ...
-
Jewellery! Earrings made with love, Necklaces made with thought. Bracelets to find and wear, Unique items here can be sought. Stones of spe...
No comments:
Post a Comment