Monday 6 July 2020

How I got my wings!

While I was walking,
Out among the fields.
The ground began to open,
I saw asphodel fields.

For a minute I feared,
That I may well fall in.
That’s when I realised,
I had been given wings.

I did not have to fight,
Against laws of gravity.
Because I had support,
From all those around me.

They gave me flight,
They gave me hope.
They gave me love,
I know I can cope.

I may not be with them,
In physical sense you see.
But each and everyday,
Their spirit follows me.

I am here forevermore,
A knight that fights with heart.
Though distance separates,
We are never truly apart.

By Sam Luxton

No comments:

Post a Comment

Full time job!

  Full time job! I have a full time job, It keeps me occupied. Sometimes it’s little hairy, This fact can’t be denied. Sometimes it leaves ...