A wall!
A wall can sometimes stop you,
From reaching your goal.
It can make your mind race,
Prevent you’re successful role.
It can build within you,
Causing stress to all.
It is then your family,
Who face your downfall.
These walls they can be brought down,
Or knocked into rumble.
It only takes your strength,
To make it start to crumble.
So when it seems unlikely,
You can reach the end.
Take that sledgehammer,
Make that wall descend.
By Sam Luxton
These poems have been written for times in my life that have caused me to seek a calming resolution for an ocean where waves swirl and thoughts become overwhelming. If you choose to read any, thank you! Each poem is capturing an in the moment thought. Please leave a comment, especially if you really like a poem as I am looking to enter one in a compettiton.
Thursday, 2 April 2020
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Together
If we work together, There’s little we can’t do. If we show unity, It will pull us through. The world is changing daily, As we struggle wit...
-
A creature from another land, Taking money from your hand. Living in homes built for you, Hatred grew and grew and grew. It crept in an...
-
Judgement! I am not a judge or jury, I can not say if you are bad, All I know is you are loved, Even though sometimes you drive me mad. I ...
-
Jewellery! Earrings made with love, Necklaces made with thought. Bracelets to find and wear, Unique items here can be sought. Stones of spe...
No comments:
Post a Comment