Saturday 25 April 2020

Drivers

Just for the Ambulance crew!

My heroes on wheels!

Who gets you to hospital,
When you make the 999 call.
The heroes all dressed in green,
In PPE that seems obscene.

That issue can not be fixed,
When adding pandemic to the mix.
But still they fight their way through,
Selflessness in the dictionary shows you.

To those who move you on the way,
I shout, stamp and clap hurray.
We need more people with your skill,
Compassionate to all who are ill.

Your sirens comfort, your on your way,
How many people saved day to day!
Though you do your very best,
At times people face a final rest.

But in those moments at the end,
A better compass I can’t comprehend.
So thank you for the work you do,
You’re my heroes through and through.

A poem of love for you and all you colleagues x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Full time job!

  Full time job! I have a full time job, It keeps me occupied. Sometimes it’s little hairy, This fact can’t be denied. Sometimes it leaves ...