Tuesday 31 March 2020

Today I went to hug you!

Today,

Today I went to hug you,
I found that you weren’t there.
Instead I found a message,
That chased away despair.

It spoke of all the many things,
That made us laugh and cry.
It had a loving message,
No letters of goodbye.

It spoke of our very future,
How we will celebrate in jest.
The smiles that we will raise,
The love within our chest.

The letter was so full of love,
A message of pure joy.
I will stay safe for you,
The measures I’ll employ.

For I long to hug you,
Discuss the thoughts within,
For the day I hold you,
My face shall show a grin.

We can’t be what we used to,
Better to be something new.
But I am not alone in this,
Because I do it with you.

I will make provision,
To find a new way to live.
So make sure you’re with me,
To others we shall give.

So I found a letter,
It made me think of you.
Tomorrow I’ll look at the pics,
Of a relationship that grew.

By Sam Luxton

No comments:

Post a Comment

Full time job!

  Full time job! I have a full time job, It keeps me occupied. Sometimes it’s little hairy, This fact can’t be denied. Sometimes it leaves ...