Tuesday 31 March 2020

When all this is over!

When this is over!

When all this is over,
Where would I seek to be,
The only place in the world,
That I can’t get to see.

It’s not across the ocean,
Or a plane ride round the world,
It’s not a different continent,
Emotions are all swirled.

I run to the very ones,
Who gave life to me,
I’d run to my sisters,
Living by the sea.

For the world I seek to know,
Is found deep within their homes.
I’d walk down past my aunties house,
I’d visit my family as I roam.

My friends would be a magic sight,
My kin would be pure gold.
The day we are reunited,
You won’t break my hold.

The world is full of wonderful things,
The best is in your mind.
When you can’t be with those you love,
In memories you’ll find.

Yesterday was very bleak,
Today I’m filled with hope.
For that day I’m with you,
That’s how I can cope.

They say you never notice,
What you miss until it’s gone.
I didn’t need the virus,
To know this all along.

These words are here to reach you,
To offer you a chance to find belief.
When we join hands once again,
We shall find such great relief.

The world is full of many things,
It’s beauty is unknown.
I will reach out to you,
To help love that’s grown.

By Sam Luxton

No comments:

Post a Comment

Full time job!

  Full time job! I have a full time job, It keeps me occupied. Sometimes it’s little hairy, This fact can’t be denied. Sometimes it leaves ...