Future!
What would you do tomorrow?
If you controlled the tide.
Would you stop the virus?
This human genocide.
Would you negotiate with nature?
Promises we all must keep.
Would you see punishment?
If these we did not keep.
Would you leave the virus running?
Let it run its course.
Would you leave all to nature?
Believe in natural discourse.
Would you write tomorrow?
Control the deeds performed.
Would yo make everything all right?
Our thoughts and whims reformed.
Nature has a balance,
What price would you pay?
To chase away the virus.
To live another day.
By Sam Luxton
These poems have been written for times in my life that have caused me to seek a calming resolution for an ocean where waves swirl and thoughts become overwhelming. If you choose to read any, thank you! Each poem is capturing an in the moment thought. Please leave a comment, especially if you really like a poem as I am looking to enter one in a compettiton.
Monday, 6 April 2020
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Together
If we work together, There’s little we can’t do. If we show unity, It will pull us through. The world is changing daily, As we struggle wit...
-
A creature from another land, Taking money from your hand. Living in homes built for you, Hatred grew and grew and grew. It crept in an...
-
Judgement! I am not a judge or jury, I can not say if you are bad, All I know is you are loved, Even though sometimes you drive me mad. I ...
-
Jewellery! Earrings made with love, Necklaces made with thought. Bracelets to find and wear, Unique items here can be sought. Stones of spe...
No comments:
Post a Comment