Saturday 4 April 2020

Fear controlled!

Fear will not control!

In these times of worry,
Fear can rule your mind,
It lets you think the worst,
It can make you unkind.

Fears have no power,
When you strengthen will.
Fear can not grow,
If at home we sit still.

It’s hard I know to do it,
We’ve never lacked open space.
The only fear I have,
Is harm caused to our race.

By staying in you stop the spread,
You keep it to minimum.
It’s means personal sacrifice,
But do it and we won’t succumb.

Many famous thoughts,
Have been cast on fear.
The truth is we do it,
To protect those we hold dear.

We are shining armour,
We will win this time.
Enjoy your family,
For that is divine.

So spend time with those at home,
Learn to Skype and Zoom.
Just don’t start to procreate,
We don’t need a baby boom.

I think we are standing,
On a knifes edge.
But be hero, save the world,
Make that your pledge.

I have written poems,
I fill in my journal too.
I use some amazing apps,
To help me free the blues.

My fears will not govern me,
With strength I endure.
We can all stay calm,
While medics find a cure.

Though a remedy,
We all should heed.
Spend this time with family,
Don’t give in to personal greed.

If you feel on your own,
Your not the worlds with you.
People just need a nudge,
They’ll help to reduce your blues.

So remember community,
Where we knew our neighbors,
Let’s bring that back,
Let’s help do each other favors.

Now is a moment,
You can make history.
Be the greatest person,
You could ever be.

It can be easy to give in,
When frustration saturates air,
We can control it,
Signs to keep you from hot air.

Once you know your cues,
You control the fight.
Every fear you had,
Can be buried out of sight.

I have faced my fear,
Of being all alone.
I can cope with my fear,
Because I am not alone.

People who hate spiders,
Often control it when children are around.
They think more rationally,
Making their judgement sound.

So what I’m saying is,
It’s ok to be afraid.
But you are strong enough,
Overcome it through aid.

By Sam Luxton

No comments:

Post a Comment

Full time job!

  Full time job! I have a full time job, It keeps me occupied. Sometimes it’s little hairy, This fact can’t be denied. Sometimes it leaves ...