Sunday 19 April 2020

Noticed!

People have began to notice,
It feels me with such pride.
Insecurities still exist, 
They can’t be brushed aside.

I am able to stand tall,
To show I’m feeling happy.
A true sense of being ok,
What will be will be.

Coping mechanisms I use,
Making me feel better
Talking helps me through,
Also writing it in a letter.

Counselling has helped me find,
What I truly store in me.
Now I’m trying to show others,
I’m setting myself and them free.

Pressure seems less daunting,
A more manageable degree,
A ghost of what I want lingers,
Memories that still haunti me.

I’m better than I used to be,
Stronger now deep inside,
Yet I wish I could heal all wounds,
Take back all the tears I’ve cried.

By Sam Luxton

No comments:

Post a Comment

Full time job!

  Full time job! I have a full time job, It keeps me occupied. Sometimes it’s little hairy, This fact can’t be denied. Sometimes it leaves ...