Tuesday 14 April 2020

When I grow up?

When I was Young ...

When I was young I want to be...
A knight upon his reliable steed.
A brave hero who fought until,
His fair maiden was finally freed.

She was strong and clever too,
She could have escaped had she tried
She never did escape because,
She knew it would hurt my pride.

When I was young I wanted to be...
A doctor or a nurse to heal.
I wanted to imitate Florence,
Help them get better still.

To clear away infection,
To dress and wrap a wound.
To listen to their issues,
To viruses make them immune.

When I was young I wanted to be....
A police officer patrolling the beat.
To stop criminals in his path,
Keeping the peace on our streets.

A job of note and high degree,
To protect and serve all.
To rid the streets of unwanted crime,
To be there to answer the call.

When I was young I wanted to be...
A stuntman on his bike.
A daredevil on an iron beast,
Stage named ‘Fearless Mike.’

I would practice on my ride,
Wheelies, tricks and turns.
However falling into the wall,
A different career I must discern.

When I was young I wanted to be...
A dancer on the stage.
A mover of the dancing art,
A wonder of the age.

I tried to dance openly,
Whenever I was able.
But my skill barely showed,
The dream I will disable.

When I was young I wanted to be...
Like my primary teachers.
I wanted to spread the learned word,
About the world and all it’s creatures.

Now I am a teacher,
A supposed academic wiz.
I love my career choice,
Anyone for a pop quiz?

What you wanted to be...
May not be what you are.
But if you really want it,
That dream will take you far.

By Sam Luxton

No comments:

Post a Comment

Full time job!

  Full time job! I have a full time job, It keeps me occupied. Sometimes it’s little hairy, This fact can’t be denied. Sometimes it leaves ...