They say this is the worst virus,
The world has ever known.
Yet I feel we overlook,
The problems we have sown.
We have spread across the world,
Damaged land and sea.
Is it any wonder,
The world wants to be set free.
Take this time to notice,
When you go outside.
We do not need everything,
We hoarded in our lives.
We need the basic rations,
A roof to keep us warm,
A place we can call home,
Natural places we can swarm.
The animals are happy,
They finally have peace.
In being in isolation,
They’ve found a moment of release.
I hope you sit and realize,
We’re being given another chance.
If we keep on going,
We’ll face a deadlier dance.
We cannot beat the world,
Nature will always win.
Let’s not have to suffer,
As resource lines grow thin.
Take opportunity,
Realise the pain of greed.
People are still dying,
Simple messages we won’t heed.
We caused the melting ice caps,
We caused the oil spills.
We created an extinction list,
Of animals we helped kill.
Animals who faced such plights,
We’ve culled in mass degree.
A miracle it is for us,
They are not as cruel as we.
So if this is the worst virus,
I pray just stop and think.
When our bodies are under siege,
We made the world face it’s brink.
We cannot carry on this way,
We cannot hope to survive.
This world is starting to fight back,
We struggle to stay alive.
It’s answered problems we have faced,
Those we know deep at heart,
Pollution, population and greed
Will tear us all apart.
Instead of traveling round the world,
look closer to your heart and home.
For there you’ll find true healing grace,
Knowing you’re not alone.
This poem is a warning,
It’s stark and strong and true.
If humans continue as they are,
The worst virus is me and you.
So instead I ask you to stand with me,
In becoming part of the cure.
This world is in vast danger,
It cries for help I’m sure.
It starts by making up your mind,
To do more than before,
Take only what you really need,
Don’t keep wanting more and more.
By Sam Luxton
These poems have been written for times in my life that have caused me to seek a calming resolution for an ocean where waves swirl and thoughts become overwhelming. If you choose to read any, thank you! Each poem is capturing an in the moment thought. Please leave a comment, especially if you really like a poem as I am looking to enter one in a compettiton.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Together
If we work together, There’s little we can’t do. If we show unity, It will pull us through. The world is changing daily, As we struggle wit...
-
A creature from another land, Taking money from your hand. Living in homes built for you, Hatred grew and grew and grew. It crept in an...
-
Judgement! I am not a judge or jury, I can not say if you are bad, All I know is you are loved, Even though sometimes you drive me mad. I ...
-
Jewellery! Earrings made with love, Necklaces made with thought. Bracelets to find and wear, Unique items here can be sought. Stones of spe...
No comments:
Post a Comment